Welcome to the Parish Church of St John the Baptist, Edge
Edge Church sits on one of the main roads from Stroud to Gloucester,
In 1865, towards the end of his career, Samuel Whitfield Daukes built a Chapel of Ease in The Edge village, dedicated to St John the Baptist, comprising chancel, nave, and east porch with small octangular bell-tower, culminating in a short spire decorated with a band of bellflower. Daukes had previously built nearby Harescombe Grange in 1861-64. Most of his church buildings are in the Midlands, though he did undertake work in London and Kent. The large Victorian houses around The Park in Cheltenham are also his work.