Welcome to the Parish Church of St John the Baptist, Pitchcombe
Pitchcombe Church was built in 1819 by subscription, and stands on the site of a former Church known as the Pitchcombe Cradle which was built in 1376. The present church bell is thought to date from somewhere between 1350 and 1380. We have a small but friendly congregation and worship is regular.
The ancient hamlet of Pitchcombe, with a population of approximately 300, nestles in the Painswick valley between Stroud and Painswick. The parish straddles the Wick Stream, which once provided the energy for the local woollen mills, several of which are in the parish.