The church and the school work closely together with teams taking weekly ‘Open the Book’ assemblies. The school comes to church for services they plan. Our church is very central and very visible in the village. We have regular services and the church is open daily. We have good level access to the building with a car park at the village hall down the hill. There is a small village school and a popular pub in the village, and a busy village hall.
The church of St. John the Apostle was built by the villagers and consecrated in 1820, Agnes Neville, wife of the curate of Painswick, despairing of this Godless place with 14 ale houses! The church is central and very visible in the village. You can buy a booklet about the Church History in the church building.
After various additions and alterations there was a major re-ordering in 1996 and restoration of the east window in 2004. The church is in good repair with pew seating for around 80 people. A toilet and kitchenette were added recently, and we have good level access.